The National Curriculum for Design Technology aims to ensure that all pupils:
- develop the creative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform everyday tasks confidently and to participate successfully in an increasingly technological world
- build and apply a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills in order to design and make high-quality prototypes and products for a wide range of users
- critique, evaluate and test their ideas and products and the work of others
- understand and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook.
At The Greetland Academy, we use the Kapow Primary DT Curriculum to support the teaching and learning of Design Technology. The content of this curriculum is categorised into 5 areas:
- Cooking and Nutrition
- Electrical Systems (KS2 only)
Running through every unit are the four key strands of design, make, evaluate and technical knowledge.